Monday, May 31, 2010

More Music History: "Brian Eno and The Microsoft Sound" + Paul Morley

 
I'd like to thank DoseNation for helping me discover that Brian Eno, a composer to say the least is responsible for that Microsoft sound we are all familiar with nowadays.
"In fact, I made 84 pieces. I got completely into this world of tiny, tiny little pieces of music. I was so sensitive to microseconds at the end of this that it really broke a logjam in my own work..."
Read the whole article HERE 

I would also like to thank Deadmau5 and his Facebook fan page believe it or not. I know majority of his status updates are useless but once in a blue moon he'll share something substantial for us. For example Paul Morley's Showing Off... Nightclubbing Series features some of the notable players in the game:
> Pete Tong
> Tony Blackburn
> Deadmau5 (video) & (article)
> Swedish House Mafia (audio interview) 
> Marshall Jefferson & The Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs

Check out all of Morley's "Showing Off..." series when you catch the time. He's compiled quite the list.

LASTLY
For some modern music history, be sure to play your very own version of The In B Flat Colloborative Music & Spoken Word Project. A real ingenious idea "conceived by Darren Solomon from Science for Girls, and developed" by contributing YouTube users worldwide. Each of the videos can be played simultaneously -- the soundtracks will work together, and the mix can be adjusted with the individual volume sliders."
+
Here's my most recent mix if you haven't heard.
Share on Facebook Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment